tages and Stores is is located in the community of Change Islands (see map), Notre Dame Bay, Newfoundland, Canada. The ferry that once carried passengers to Prince Edwards Island now operates between Farwell, Change Islands, and Fogo Island. The regular crossing time from Farewell to Change Islands is approximately 20 minutes.
For ferry schedule times please visit the Newoundland & Labrador Department of Works, Services & Transportation's Farewell-Change Islands-Fogo ferry schedule website. If you would like to hear a recording of the current ferry schedule please call: (709) 621-3150 or (709) 627-3448. If you would like to call the South End Change Islands Terminal the telphone number is: (709) 884-8449.
To visit Change Islands:
- From Gander:
- Take Highway 330 North to Gander Bay. Then turn left on Highway 331. Turn right onto Highway 335, proceed through Stoneville toward the Farewell-Change Islands-Fogo ferry to Change Islands and Fogo.
- From the West (Port-aux-Basques):
- Follow the Trans Canada Highway East to route 340 (To Lewisporte) and continue on Highway 340 and watch for a sign to the Change Islands ferry (Via Highways. 331/335).
- From the East (St. John's):
- Follow the Trans Canada Highway West to Gander and follow the Gander instructions above.
To visit Newfoundland:
Marine Atlantic ferries provides a vital link between the island of Newfoundland and the Canadian mainland. Ferries run between North Sydney, NS and Port Aux Basques, NL and North Sydney, NS and Argentia, NL.